True story: I am the least picky eater of all least picky eaters. As long as it’s not alive, I’ll probably eat it. True story #2: My multiple food allergies prevent me from being that person who will eat anything and everything. Unfortunately, one of those allergies includes peanuts and almonds… two things I used to be able to eat until a few years ago. Pretty sure my body is doing this whole allergy thing backwards.
As a result, I have to skip over most boxed snacks. Everything has a trace of this or that nut. So, before trekking out to Chicago last weekend for Riot Fest, I came up with this recipe to save me from unexpected hangry moments. They’re no-bake, healthy, and pretty darn addicting. Also… autumn.
No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Sunflower Butter Oatmeal Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 14 bites
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1/4 cup honey (adjust according to sweetness preference)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Roll into small balls. Cool in the refrigerator, at least 20 minutes, until chilled.
- Trick others into thinking you’re randomly eating meatballs.
This quick snack idea is a super easy to customize. Feel free to skip the honey to tone down the sweetness. Bring in coconut flakes or mini chocolate chips. Add a sprinkling of nutmeg to up those fall vibes. And most of all… enjoy!