First off, I’m totally aware it’s the middle of December right now. But when you have a sweet tooth like myself, it’s never too cold for ice cream. Besides, this New York weather has gone from 50 to 20 to 50 again… so, ice cream it is. Banana ice cream, at least.
And while non-dairy banana ice cream is nothing new, this one was made with some help from Amazing Grass Green Superfood in Chocolate Peppermint. And chocolate. And peppermint. Yes please.
Like the Holiday Cookie Green Smoothie I made a few weeks ago, this one is packed with good-for-you ingredients like spirulina, wheat grass, and barley. Score.
Chocolate Peppermint Green Ice Cream (Non-Dairy)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
- Frozen banana slices (1 banana’s worth)
- 1 cup coconut or soy yogurt
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass’ Green Superfood in Chocolate Peppermint
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Chocolate baking chips
- Crushed mints or candy canes
- A few hours before making this recipe, slice one banana and freeze. This is 10 times easier than trying to cut (or blend) a full frozen banana!
- Toss everything but the last two ingredients in a blender.
- Mix in chocolate chips and/or crushed mints.
- Place in the freezer until the consistency hardens up again.
- Sprinkle on some more crushed mints and enjoy.
FTC Disclaimer: Amazing Grass Green Superfood was provided by Amazing Grass and RKPR Public Relations. All thoughts and opinions are my own; I only collaborate with and feature companies that I truly support. Thank you, Amazing Grass!