While browsing the web a few days ago, I came across these Tom Binns barbed wire/pearl drop earrings ($191, Photo Credit: FarFetched.com). I automatically thought back to the Barbed Wire Bracelets, and thought about adapting the same technique for these earrings. I love the combination of gritty vs. girly, which is very “Studs & Pearls”! I would have done the same flat stud/pearl flat back concept, along with the wire wrapping of the pearl drops, but decided to make it a little more accessible in terms of supplies and skill. They are actually quite easy to make. Check out the how-to, below:
– Craft Wire (Soft, malleable craft wire from the kids’ section works best)
– 3-in-1 Jewelry Pliers
– Pearl Beads (2)
– Earring Hooks (1 Pair)
– Head Pins (2)
– Fabric Glue (Optional)
1) With the cutter portion of the pliers, cut two strands of chain measuring about 2 inches (5.08 centimeters) each.
2) Slide one pearl onto one of the head pins.
5) Repeat Steps 2-4 with the second pearl.
6) Cut a strand of wire measuring about 2 inches (5.08 centimeters)
8) Repeat twice (or more) along the chain.
9) Attach to earring hooks.