Aside from using supplies in unconventional ways, I love quick and easy projects that require just a few steps. Extra brownie points for a project that totally transforms an item.
This tutorial fits that entire description and then some. Made with a pair of earrings from Forever 21, it proves that a little scrap chain goes a long way. It also proves that there’s a valid reason for saving all of those leftover supplies. See, there’s a reason for my madness after all!
Not only is this tutorial super inexpensive, but it’s ideal for beginner crafters. It also takes (literally) just a few minutes to whip up, which means that you can make it just in time for this week’s NYE festivities. Win win win.
– Filigree stud earrings*
– 6mm jump rings (4)
– 3-in-1 jewelry pliers
1. Using the jewelry pliers, open up a jump ring.
2. Cut a three 6-inch strands of chain. The longer the strands, the longer the finished earrings will drape.
3. Add the chain and earring backing. Bend the jump ring until closed.
4. Add the opposite ends of the chain to a second jump ring. Don’t close the ring just yet.
5. Attach the jump ring directly to the earring.
6. Close the jump ring.
7. To wear, connect the backing to the earring like you normally would. The end result is a simple yet pretty draped chain earring.
If your chain remnants measure less than three inches long, you can easily connect them with tiny 4mm jump rings. This is a great way to put those leftovers to good use.
Happy NYE! <3
Model: Kat Gonzalez